On 13 aug 2007, at 08.09, Colin Shapiro wrote:

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. If you want a stylesheet that simply returns the text from an XML document and does nothing else, then I believe something as simple as:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>

</xsl:template>

        This does part of what I want.
It's necessary to add lines of the following type for every element type I want to cut out:
        <xsl:template match="programlisting" />
Of course, now I have another problem: Stripping out the xml declaration in the output file. As for what I want, it should be obvious from the second part of my question: To check the English language grammar embedded in DocBook markup. I can't do this directly from my xml editor, because my grammar checking software mangles xml markup
(Strips off data type declaration and drops end tags!!)
...would suffice. Unless you want it in some specific format? Please elaborate a little further and I'm sure someone can help you more.

Colin

On 8/12/07, Tommy Nordgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I need to find docbook stylesheets that can strip off xml markup, as
well as any content that is not plaintext.
Do someone on this list know of any such source.
Alternately, do some one know of any grammar checker for the english
language, hosted on Mac OS X,
that retains xml markup.

This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] open.org

------
What is a woman that you forsake her, and the hearth fire and the home acre, to go with the old grey Widow Maker. --Kipling, harp song of the Dane women
Tommy Nordgren
[EMAIL PROTECTED]