On 01/23/2010 02:26 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
hi there,

   I am looking for tool that would generate PDF file from a docbook
file. I tried a couple without success:

- publican simply aborts on my machine (*)

Hi Mathieu --

Publican is failing on your machine because of a dependency issue. You've got libfile-copy-recursive-perl 0.36, but Publican requires >=0.38

I just verified the installation instructions for Publican on Debian[1] using a fresh installation of Debian 5.0.3 and confirm that the correct version of libfile-copy-recursive-perl gets pulled in (0.38-1). I was then able to build html and PDF documents, although FOP threw up errors during PDF generation and I suspect some further tweaking is needed.

That said, we haven't tested Publican with mml yet, and preliminary, informal tests based on your test case have not been encouraging :(

Please feel free to drop by the Publican mailing list[2] and let us know what we can do to help you further.

Cheers

Ruediger

[1] http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/pug/chap-Users_Guide-Installing_Publican.html#sect-Users_Guide-Installing_Publican_on_Linux_operating_systems-Installing_Publican_on_Debian