Neither Barbara nor I have been able to access the "Record macro" command on
the Tools > Macros menu. Does anyone know why this is disabled (greyed out)?
And, more importantly, how I can enable it?

I have looked in my settings to see if some option is set to prevent using
this feature, but I can't find anything. Specifically, I looked in Tools >
Options > LibreOffice > Security (and its related dialog) and in File >
Properties > Security, but despite fiddling with some of those settings,
there is no change to the lack of macro recording.

I don't read the other lists, so this may have been discussed on one of
them.

Hal