I thought I had replaced all those pix, so you may have an old copy of
that file. If so, probably I goofed and didn't upload the latest. It's
also possible I missed some pix. I'll check my copy when I get a
chance later today. What is the publication date given on the
copyright page?

You are correct that pix should not be taken from Windows except for
Windows specific things or pix in which it's not obvious which o/s
it's from (many cropped pix fall in that group). Any version of Linux
(not just Ubuntu) is okay and so is Mac OS X.

Hal