Hi, :-)

I think that I'd prefer just to talk of a role acting as a responsive
central contact rather than a team leader as such. People can be
highly active and available some of the time, but need to pull back a
bit at other times to deal with other things. So I prefer the
"leadership" to float and simply fall de facto on the most-active
member(s) of the team at a given moment.

IMHO, each contributor should feel liberty of action and freedom to
take a lead role in an initiative, without feeling they have to defer
to an official or unofficial team leader. I like the way people have
been discussing and negotiating together about work, without any one
person feeling they have a weightier opinion than someone else.

On balance, I'd say no to a permanent team leader at this time.

-1

David Nelson