Hi Silas
The Docs team are responsible for producing the User Guides. I guess the information you are requesting *could *be added to the relevant chapter in the Calc guide *if* it was thought necessary to enhance the understanding of users. That's not a decision in which I have an input. The Help files and their index is not part of the documentation team's remit. I don't know who deals with that I'm afraid. The Insert Function dialogue is part of the programme UI and is dealt with by the Development group. I believe, though I've never done it, that you have to request a programme enhancement through the Bugzilla system if you want something added like you have described.

I guess you're after something like this for the help files:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_STDEV_function

Sorry I can't be of further help.
Regards
JohnS