Hi Gary
No, no idea why it crashed. I was just editing happily and it disappeared off screen, with no announcement, on one of the occasions, another occasion had the look of a 'standard' crash with warnings and recovery options. It was from one of these, after it took a good ten minutes to recover a document and something like five to six minutes to delete a single character that I did a copy/paste into a new clean template. I did this a couple of times all told during the work on the chapter. Copy/paste doesn't transfer over the edits, that is, the deleted or changed text, with or without 'Record Changes- Show' being enabled when copying is done. Hence the document not displaying changes made before pasting.

Regards
JohnS