Le 08/04/2014 14:10, Robert Großkopf a écrit :

Hi all,

> Same with Firebird. External firebird has only the problem: Autovalue
> isn't implemented, must be written in SQL for every table. Internal
> Firebird has too many problems yet. We hope it would be better, because
> there are functions in the external Firebird many people would need, for
> example the function "List".

FWIW, I agree with Robert. Firebird is an "experimental" option at
present in 4.2. In other words, the user doesn't even get to see that
there is the possibility to create an embedded firebird db unless they
turn on the experimental options in LO's preferences.

Assuming that someone foolhardy enough will do that, and then complain
that it doesn't work as intended (which Robert, I, and others all know
about as we filed/validated the bug reports), I still don't think it is
worth concentrating our documentation efforts (including translation) on
an embedded db engine which still has too many failings to be of any
daily, practical, use. The aim of the tool is to be a replacement for
embedded hsqldb and for the moment, this is simply not the case.

Connecting to an external firebird db has worked for a while now anyway,
certainly before 4.2 (at least with the jdbc or odbc driver, but again
this is not part of the novelties included in 4.2.

Alex