Hi :)
Sorry no-one has responded yet!  Hopefully someone can help soon.

Much of the translation work is done through the international translators
mailing list rather than here.  Subscribe to them in the same way that you
subscribed to this mailing list.  Once you have subscribed their email
address is;
l...@global.libreoffice.org
Hopefully that helps you figure-out the address needed to subscribe to
their mailing list!

They do the wiki's and the "in built help" (and the UI/Ux, official
websites and all the rest).  This team 'just' does the Published Guides
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
and then publishes them at Lulu bookstore - which earns a little money,
enough to give back to the main project and for this team to use to get
into Apple and Android Book/App stores and such.

I think that of the few translation teams that work on the published guides
many use some 3rd party tool and track their translations independently but
that's tricky.  Some use ODFAuthors, same as this team.  Recently it's been
suggested that;
OmegaT
might be a better tool, especially for translators.  I think the translator
teams that do use it seem to like it a lot.

Anyway, hopefully someone can give you an ODFAuthors login soon so that you
can have a look at how the English (US) section is set-up, maybe get an
idea of the processes used and to help you get hold of the originals.
Regards from
Tom :)