Le 25/06/2015 02:03, toki a écrit :

Hi Jonathon,

> The HelpFile documentation was originally created more or less according
> to what those spec sheets say, with, what appears to me, to be minimal
> testing of whether or not the implementation is congruent with those
> specification sheets.

Sums it up pretty well IMO. Being one of those ancient volunteers from
the days when OOo was first released, the integrated Help was actually
more complete than it is now. At some point in time (I don't remember
when exactly, but possibly between OOo 2 and OOo3 development, a
decision was made to slim down the help content, when the switch was
made to XML files instead of what I believe was a binary encoded help
system (at that time). Needless to say, this didn't improve the overall
quality and relevance of the integrated help. There are attempts at
improving it though.

I believe that there is/was an extension that facilitates writing help
content, although I haven't looked recently at how that integrates with
the project's git code repo and submission by any volunteer - probably
slightly more complicated than most people are prepared to accept. The
wiki help is supposed to allow an easier transition into allowing
volunteers to write help documentation, but again, knowing where to put
stuff, and learning to use mediawiki is an extra hurdle for a lot of
people who would be perfectly happy just writing stuff without having to
worry about code.

If Sophie or someone else from the l10n project is reading this thread,
they might be able to say more about where the project is today with
facilitating creation (and maintenance) of help content.

Alex