I'm trying for the first time to edit a live help file and have come up
against a few problems. *WARNING* I'm a Git virgin so please treat me
kindly.

Firstly, the Git tutorials that I've found assume that all files are in a
single one-level directory structure. Easy for teaching, but not for real
life! I cloned the help files into a local Git repository (that seemed to
work OK) and edited a file.
git status then tells me that help has modified content. If I do "git add
help" git status gives me exactly the same as before,Obviously I'm doing
something wrong, but can't see what it is. Do I have to type the entire path
& file name into the git add command?

Secondly, the LO Writer Help Authoring extension doesn't seem to be acting
as advertised. Previously, I'd tried editing a few local help files, and so
my document root was a test directory. As the wiki suggests I tried changing
this, but the "Help Authoring|Set Document Root" menu item, asks me to set a
directory, but "Help Authoring|Open File" still goes to the old root. Again,
am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug?

-----
Peter