-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] May I change the License within the
Simple-Chinese version book (Getting Started Guide6.0) ?
From: 驿窗 <class...@163.com>
To: documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 11:21:47 +0800 (cst)

> Hi,
>
> I'm translating the LibreOffice Getting Started Guide 6.0 from English to
> Simple-Chinese, and I will finish the translation work and upload the
> Simple-Chinese version book(Getting Started Guide 6.0) in this month.
>
> Before upload, I want to change the License to CC-BY-SA 4.0 (Refer to the
> bottom right corner of this
> link��https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Main_Page)(and here CC-BY-SA4:
> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ ) in the Simple-Chinese
> version book, and, I will delete the GPL3 and CC-BY4.
>

> Can I?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
> yichuang�䴰

It's unclear why you feel a change is necessary. The standard copyright
notice used in all our guides reads:

<Q>
This document is Copyright © 2018 by the LibreOffice Documentation Team.
Contributors are listed below. You may distribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of either the GNU General Public License
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html), version 3 or later, or the
Creative Commons Attribution License
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), version 4.0 or later.
</Q>

It might well be argued (and I would) that the GPL Licensing is
irrelevant in regard to documentation, but the notice used is our
accepted policy and I don't see and justifiable reason for changing it.

Dave