Hm!!! I wondered how long it would take you to pop out of the woodwork
with your legal declarations.

I really don't have time to waste on this nonsense, but...

On 16.05.2019 16:00, jonathon wrote:
> On 5/16/19 11:27 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
>
>> Also, was agreed at at the Docs Team meeting (Oct 31st 2018) that for
>> this Calc and subsequent Guides screen captures would be taken from Windows
>> 10,
> Historically, Microsoft has claimed a copyright on the entire screen
> capture that include any artefacts of Windows 10.

So they never made a similar claim for Widows from version 1 through to 8.1?

> * Has Microsoft since renounced that position?

Any evidence they have taken that position on the millions of screen
captures scattered across the internet or in any published material?

> * If not, then how does one reconcile that position with the
> requirements of the license(s) that work-product created by the
> LibreOffice Documentation Project is distributed under?

Proof that there is a "REAL" (rather than imagined) conflict?

> I've forgotten which documentation projects specifically banned screen
> shots from Microsoft products, because of that copyright issue.

One was this project, but it was not a ban just a knee-jerk reaction to
the same kind of scaremongering you are promoting here.

> jonathon

If you think the documentation team are wrong in their decision, please
take it to the TDF legal advisors and we will listen to them.

Bye
Dave