What about capturing the most important information about agreed conventions, writing that in a style aimed at the reader, for inclusion in an early "How to use this manual" or "About This Manual" intro chapter?

It could be provided in a template document designed to be fleshed out by volunteers.

Doing that, might:
- make it easier for contributors to get started
- improve the chance the contributor read and used the guidelines
- be useful to the reader
- ensure contributors are using well-formed LO documents
- achieve the goal of improved consistency.

luke