Hi

I am making some adjustments in images for the Base Guide and found "inconsistencies" in frame styling.

Applying a frame style to a graphic object in a text document does not mean that all style properties listed in the frame style dialog are applied.

In particular, the "anchoring", “keep ratio”, “auto size”, “relative to”, “width” and “height” found in the Type tab of a frame style are not applied to the object.

Which is rather confusing, unless it’s a bug.

The Writer guide mentions anchoring as a manual setting, but not the other settings above.

Also, the Writer guide mention captioning how-to topics but not one use case we find so often: resizing captioned images.

https://books.libreoffice.org/en/WG73/WG7308-IntroStyles.html#toc25
https://books.libreoffice.org/en/WG73/WG7311-ImagesAndGraphics.html#toc18

Ideally I would like to resize the frame and get the internal image/screenshot resized accordingly (or vice-versa). It is not clear to me how the frame properties relates to the image (also a frame) inside, and if there are parameters to set to bind the 2.

A clear instructions on this use case will go into the guides, Help and wiki.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo/ProducingLibreOfficeUserGuides

https://help.libreoffice.org/7.4/en-US/text/swriter/01/05060100.html?&DbPAR=SHARED&System=UNIX

Kind regards
--