Following another thoroughly enjoyable meeting last night, here are a few links of what was mentioned in my corner (unfortunately, it seemed that the group was divided in two halves throughout most of the evening and I have no idea what was being talked about at the other end of the table).

Selenium - testing suite for websites http://seleniumhq.org/

Go integration with Google App Engine http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/go/overview.html

Programming Android in C - actually, they have added a lot to the NDK (= native SDK = C) since I last looked at it, particularly they have added NativeActivity which allows to access the activity lifecycle from the NDK, so it seems you can access more things from it than before http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/overview.html#choosing

Write once, deploy to many mobile platforms
Grapple http://grapplemobile.com/home
AppAccelerator/Titanium http://www.appcelerator.com/
Marmalade http://www.madewithmarmalade.com/

Raspberry Pi is getting quite hyped up in the mainstream media http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16424990

CES show http://www.cesweb.org/

TeamViewer - remove access across platforms http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Virgin Media - some of us have been struggling with our server setup since they have implemented their new "safer" email policy but all is not gloom as it seems we will be getting faster broadband soon :-) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16491614

Testing
Perl http://www.perl.org/about/whitepapers/perl-testing.html
Python - doc string using interactive examples http://docs.python.org/library/doctest.html

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, second Tuesday 2012-01-10 20:00