I have run every release of Rotor on Win2K only without ever having a
problem.

-bc

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI implementation
[mailto:DOTNET-ROTOR@;DISCUSS.DEVELOP.COM] On Behalf Of John Norwood
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 1:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DOTNET-ROTOR] Rotor and Windows2000

>Why are supported only Windows XP and not also Windows 2000?

If you check the readfirst on the 1.0 release, you'll see that we now
mention Windows 2000 in the system requirements.  The terms "supported"
and "system requirements" are not meant in the formal sense as with
commercial software because the SSCLI is community supported and the
"requirements" are really more helpful suggestions about what've found
to be viable system configurations.

We have a really constrained equipment environment so we wanted to limit
the number of platform variations that we tested on. However, several of
us kept using Windows 2000 servers so this configuration was effectively
in the mix of test (ad hoc) machines. There are a few PAL test suite
failures that only occur on Win2K machines (to be specific, my Win2K
server machine). The response to that was "hmmm, interesting" and then
we moved on to more important issues.

John

rights.