> I need write a class inherited from Object (as StringObject does), and I
> need create instances of it when objects are created (in NewObject
> helpers)...

> The problem is that when I try to create an instance of this class I get
> an assert in line 5144, in the file gcsmp.cpp. The text of the assert
> is: "!curThread->GCForbidden()".

It seems the problem is in your helper method.
When you use code like Allocate that may trigger GC, you should create
method frames.
Be sure your code is inside HELPER_METHOD_FRAME_BEGIN_x ..
HELPER_METHOD_FRAME_END family of macros.

Hope, this helps.

PS I guess you're using the latest rotor 1.0 ;-)

Lex,
   Janus Team