At 03:35 PM 5/5/2002 -0700, Zane Thomas wrote:
>> I'm aware that such techniques exist, but that's about it. They're on my
>> list to look into. I don't know anything about their complexity or
>> reliability. Have any pointers for me?
>
>Nope - but I'll bet someone here knows all about it. :-)

I finally looked it up. The simplest thing appears to be the use of the
<noscript> tag.

Depending on what you need to do, you could include in the Head:

<noscript>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1; URL=non_javascript_page.aspx">
</noscript>

and in the Body (in case refresh is disabled too):

<noscript>
Your browser does not allow or support scripting. Please select the <a
href="non_javascript_page.aspx">non-script version of this page</a>.
</noscript>

Or you might be able to keep things on a single page in some cases (for
example, to add a submit button within a <noscript> tag to supplement a
dropdown list with a client-scripted postback).

If anyone has feedback on these techniques or alternate suggestions, please
let me know.

Constance

SoftMedia Artisans, Inc.
For useful, usable software and Web sites
http://www.smartisans.com/
Featured Web Design: http://www.keweenawnow.com/

You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.