Hi all,

Email use to work with my machine and now even example code doesn't work.

I've searched through google groups but there doesn't seem to be a
definative answer on what the problem is and how to solve it.

MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();
mail.From = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
mail.To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
mail.Subject = "Mail Test";
mail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;
// tried with and without this...if you do need to specify smtp server
doesn't this limit your portability...i.e your machine to your host's
machine?
//SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost";
SmtpMail.Send(mail);

I am referencing
using System.Web.Mail;

What I know so far:

It has possibly something to do with the security changes in the final
version of the .Net runtime.

I have .Net runtime v1 and SP1.

Thanks in advance.

John

You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.