Well, the spawning of a new thread isn't that hard, just dealing with all the little
things such as showing the right cursor, dealing with the case that if a user closes
the form before the retrieval thread is done and so on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Souk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 5:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DOTNET] Loading forms

How much is a lot?

-----Original Message-----
From: dotnet discussion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
franklin gray
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 5:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DOTNET] Loading forms

Just out of curiousity, does anybody use a different thread to retrieve
data to populate a form besides me?  I like how it doesn't bogg down the
UI thread and forms paint better, but it's a lot more work.  Just
curious.

You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET,
or
subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.