At 12:47 AM 4/7/2007, you wrote:
On 6.4.2007, at 23.29, Richard Stockton wrote:

At 12:32 PM 4/6/2007, you wrote:
It would be helpful to me if there were more logging options
available.  For example, I would like to see a record of each
email deleted, with the filename (if maildir), and size in the log.

See http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog

It won't log the size or the filename though. Should be pretty easy
to modify the sources to log them too. Maybe I'll make it
configurable some day what it logs.

That would great!  I took a quick look at the sources, but could not
easily see where to add this to the logging.  But then again I'm much
more comfortable with perl or php. [grin]

src/plugins/mail-log/mail-log-plugin.c -> mail_log_action() change
the i_info() to something like:

        i_info("%s: uid=%u, msgid=%s%s, size=%"PRIuUOFF_T", filename=%s",
action, mail->uid,
               msgid == NULL ? "(null)" : str_sanitize(msgid, MSGID_LOG_LEN),
mailbox_str, mail_get_physical_size(mail), mail_get_special (mail, MAIL_FETCH_UIDL_FILE_NAME));

Beautiful!  That works great.  Thanks very much.
 - Richard