If you mean the folders (as opposed to the inbox) of a user, this is the way I understand the interaction between the subscription list and folder displays: 1) The purpose of subscription lists is to restrict the folders presented in the folder list. 2) I think that the default is for IMAP to look for use and use for a subscription list. There is, on some clients, a check box to disable subscription lists AND SHOW ALL FOLDERS, but this is, by default, set to enable, so that the IMAP client/server interaction is to look and use a subscription list. This disablement configuration check box is buried 3 levels down and not easy to find. 3) Since the subscription lists under UWIMAP have a different name (unless you've copied the content over into the name that DC is looking for), Dovecot does not find it and does not display folders. 4) After banging around awhile, the users start laboriously checking all the subscription boxes in order to see their folders. In using the subscription list to SEE folders, they are using them exactly backwards. What they should be doing is (in a box hidden in advanced config) turning off subscription lists...but that's hard to find.
5) Everybody is aggravated

Since sometimes the folders displayed can weirdly not match what is in the old subscription list OR there can be multiple subscripiton list scattered around the user's homedir, a co-worker here had a bright idea: when migrating from UWIMAP, don't copy the existing subscription list to the .subscriptions file that DC wants, instead do this:
ls -1 ~/mail > ~/mail/.subscriptions.

After migration, all users should see all folders...and the few that actually use subscription lists to restrict what they see can be dealt with easily.

That's how I see it...but maybe I'm getting it wrong.......

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting Charles Marcus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have been using uw-imap on my mailserver. I tried briefly to use dovecot with the default config. It seem to work faster, but users imap folders (user accounts are in openldap) disappeared. Is there a sample config somewhere I can look at to get some idea how to configure dovecot so all the imap folders users created will appear when I make the switch? Most of my users login via Horde. Server is an FC6 box, dovecot installed via yum install.

Google is your friend:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/MissingMailboxes

--

Best regards,

Charles

Sort of missed that when looking at the wiki.

Sorry,

ddh