Curious, though - why *not* make cydir a real usable format, if its performance is so good?

What if dbox's performance will be even better? We'll see.

Heh... don't know why I even bothered asking - you are always about 357 steps ahead of me... ;)

Is it only/because there is no good solution to the extra risk of data loss if indexes get lost/corrupted?

That, and dbox will have some other features such as single instance
attachment storage, which can't be implemented to cydir without making
the format more complex (and then it's practically the same as dbox).

Bingo - dbox wins... :)

Thanks for all you do Timo...

--

Best regards,