Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 15:20 +0100, Ed W wrote:
Hi

Is it legal/sensible to use the following in the conf file

# default namespace
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}

# for backwards compatibility:
namespace private {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
  hidden = yes
}

Because the second one is hidden, it's legal. But I don't know if there
are compatibility problems with clients. If there are, they most likely
go away by using the same separator with both.

Thanks for the confirmation

Actually are there any advantages in changing separator at all...? I only wanted to get closer to the "default" config going forward, but perhaps it's a pointless goal?

Anyone have any opinions on bugs/features/limitations in changing the separator and namespace to the dovecot default?

Cheers

Ed W