Forgive me if I've been asleep at the switch on the SSL problem and it's already been figured out, but....could this be what the prob is?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Pine-info] "incomplete SecBuffer exceeds maximum buffer size" ?
Date:   Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:   Steve Hubert <hub...@washington.edu>
To:     Pine Forum <pine-i...@u.washington.edu>

There is a feature called quell-ssl-largeblocks that addresses this. In alpine it is called "Prevent SSL Largeblocks". The help text in alpine says

                 FEATURE: Prevent SSL Largeblocks

PC-Alpine only.

This feature changes the behavior of fetching messages and
attachments so that the message data is fetched in chunks no larger
than 12K bytes. This works around a bug in Microsoft's SSL/TLS
support. Some versions of Microsoft SSL are not able to read
full-sized (16K) SSL/TLS packets. Some servers will send such packets
and this will cause PC-Alpine to crash with the error

         incomplete SecBuffer exceeds maximum buffer size

Microsoft is aware of the problem and has developed a hotfix for it,
it is discussed in article 300562 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.