Hi,

I'm running dovecot 1.0.15 and ran recently into a problem with the folder separators when using sieve scripts.

The server is set to use a slash as a folder separator for all namespaces and announces this correctly when issuing the NAMESPACE command. We are using Ingo (http://www.horde.org/ingo/) of the horde framework to manage our sieve scripts. It creates the folder name / folder path to be used in the sieve scripts based on the result of the NAMESPACE given by the IMAP Server. It therefore created the path separated by slashes ("/").

According to my tests, the delivery agent along with sieve expects the folders to be separated by dots (".") instead of slashes. Is this a correct observation or can this be set using a parameter or something similar?

The result of this otherwise inconsistent behavior is that a client who sticks to the provided namespace creates a folder path which cannot be understood by the deliver process.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,
Daniel