I'm sure it comes from my being a gormless idiot, but whatever is the -UKWS argument immediately after the mb2md.pl invocation?
$MB2MD -UKWS -s "$INBOX" -d "$WORKING"
As always, reading the idiom of someone else's scripting is an education. And some of it wouldn't work with native AIX sh/ksh, so changed the functions:
folders_hash() {
  local HASH=`find $FOLDERS -type f |sort|(IFS=\
;while read file; do ls -l "\$file"; done)`
  eval "$1=\"$HASH\""
}
to:
folders_hash() {
  local IFS=\
  local HASH=`find $FOLDERS -type f | sort | \
  while read file
  do
    ls -l "\$file"
  done`
  # the escapes are so that $1 gets "$HASH" NOT $HASH
  # So the resolution is deferred...
  eval "$1=\"$HASH\""
}
I would have wished for a few more comments within the script. -- ==== Once upon a time, the Internet was a friendly, neighbors-helping-neighbors small town, and no one locked their doors. Now it's like an apartment in Bed-Stuy: you need three heavy duty pick-proof locks, one of those braces that goes from the lock to the floor, and bars on the windows.... ==== Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Bard College, New York 12504 sd...@bard.edu voice: 845-758-7475, fax: 845-758-7035