Le 20/08/2022 à 18:23, Austin Witmer a écrit :
See below.

On Aug 20, 2022, at 9:56 AM, Remo Mattei <r...@rm.ht> wrote:

Try ls -laZ

Il giorno 20 ago 2022, alle ore 08:08, Erwan David <er...@rail.eu.org> ha
scritto:

Le 20/08/2022 à 16:52, Austin Witmer a écrit :
Hello all!

Recently I upgraded my mail server to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and ever since then I am
periodically getting some dovecot errors like the below in my mail log. As far
as I can tell, my unix perms are just fine. What is ACL/MAC?

Aug 20 14:41:58 mail dovecot: imap(u...@domain.com)<56316><1NieGKPmuOdKwxVI>: Error:
Mailbox INBOX: stat(/mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log
<http://domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log>) failed: Permission denied (euid=1000(austin)
egid=1000(austin) UNIX perms appear ok (ACL/MAC wrong?))

And here is the listing showing the permissions for that file.

*austin@mail*:*~*$ ls -la
/mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log
<http://domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log>
-rwxrwxr-- 1 austin austin 15796 Aug 20 14:41
*/mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log
<http://domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log>*

What in the world is causing these errors, and what can I do about them?

Thanks in advance!

Austin Witmer
Did you check wether your linux distribution uses SeLINUX or Apparmor ? In that
case you would have to check their policy to give dovecot access to this
directory.

No, I’m not familiar with SeLinux or Apparmor. Tell me what I should do or
check.

Thanks!

Austin Witmer

I'm not sure. apparmor logs in kern.log

You can try a grep mailserver/plain/maildir/domain.com /var/log/*.log for a start