So, what I'm thinking is that it would be really cool to be able to optionally
add an 'autodetect' pattern for _any_ search.  Kinda' like Tim suggested:

> Would it be reasonable to have a format for the aliases files
> where you can
> provide a rexexp, where if the query matches the regexp, it's
> treated as an
> alias?

The only problem is that separating the regex from the search file would remove
the autonomy aspect of the search, which I really like.  It also prevents the
possibility of having a function determine if there's a match instead of a
regex.

Thinking out loud some more... how about adding another checkbox to the help
window for enabling or disabling the 'autodetect' for a search if the search
author supplied an autodetect routine?

Glenn