Hi Richard,

> For the past couple of months I no longer can get my DQSD
> to install. I keep getting error messages:
> Each asks do I wish to continue running scripts on this
> page? I've uninstalled, redownloaded more times that I can
> remember. The program had been doing just fine. I've no
> idea what I changed to cause this to happen.

I'm no expert at DQSD quite yet (only used it about a week), but
in the docs it makes note that several settings are persisted
through installations. It's possible that one of these is being
persisted and is causing your installation of the files that are
'bad' to be ignored/bypassed - thus causing the predicament
you're in.

Try renaming the directory "C:\Program Files\Quick Search
Deskbar" to "*...backup" or something similar and reinstall. If
you have any settings that you've changed after that point,
migrate them over one by one, (!) reload, and test them, after
each change to see in which change the failure occurs.

Regards,

Shawn K. Hall
http://ReliableAnswers.com/

   "The problem with defending the purity of the English
    language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse
    whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English
    has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
    unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
     -- James D. Nicoll