I have been doing some messing with the toolbar to get it to blend with the XP olive color scheme..

I have attached a graphic showing what I have settled on.. (olivesnap.png)

I also made some tiny changes, that I would like to post to get feedback etc :

I set a css id on the table used to house the gobutton.  I called it "gotable".  I wanted to be able to control the display of the gobutton via css.  This also allowed the graphic to be vertically centered, which has been bothering me...  I think this change would be good no matter what OS the toolbar is in..   Its nice to have control from css instead of hardcoded values in the html..

I added some css styles for #banner.

changed some of the css for body.

changed the cursor for these buttons to be hand, set the backgrounds etc...

Attached are the files I modified, and the graphics to match the olive scheme..

I tested the search.htm on a win2k box and the change did not adversely affect the toolbar display..

Comments?  Suggestions?

Monty

Title: Search
/*
Use this as localsearch.css to make xp olive color scheme look nice.
*/

body
{
 background: #a8b680  url(xptoolbartop_olive.bmp) repeat-x fixed top;
 margin:0px;
 padding:0px;
 border-right:1px solid #919f6a;
}

.txtfld, .clock
{
 background: transparent url(xptoolbarbot_olive.bmp) repeat-x fixed bottom;
 color: black;
 border-width:0px;
 padding-top:8px;
 padding-left:4px;
 padding-right:6px;
 padding-bottom:5px;
 margin-left:1px;
 margin-right:1px;
}

.gobutton, .mogobutton, .mdgobutton
{
 background: transparent url(xptoolbarbot_olive.bmp) repeat-x fixed bottom;
 border:0px;
 color: black;
 padding:0px;
 cursor:hand;
 margin:0px;
}

#gotable {
 background: #afbc84;
 text-align:left;
 vertical-align:left;
 margin-top:4px;
 border-bottom:1px solid #a8b680;
 border-right:1px solid #919f6a;
 border-left:1px solid #919f6a;
 height:100%;
}

#banner {
padding-right:0px;
cursor:hand;
}
/*
Styles for the calendar
*/
.cal
{
 background:#e0E7b8;
 color:black;
 border:1px solid black;
}
.calnavmonth, .calnavmonthhigh, .calnavyear, .calnavyearhigh
{
  padding:1px;
  border-width:0;
}