wow I dont think I have ever even looked at this htm file..  I have no idea if the "alternate" instructions still apply .. but are the instructions from the webpage correct?
  1. Download and run dqsd.exe as usual.
  2. Right-click on your Windows Explorer taskbar and select Toolbars > Add New Toolbar...
  3. When it prompts you for a folder, type in the following URL: http://notesbydave.com/toolbar/install.htm (be sure not to copy in any spaces at the beginning or the end)
  4. The Quick Search bar should appear.
shouldn't the URL in step 3 be "file://c:\Program Files\Quick Search Deskbar\search.htm"  ??

Monty

Kim Gräsman wrote:
Hi James,

Thanks for the replies. I've tried
http://www.dqsd.net/install.htm but am getting an error
popping up - "A runtime error has occurred.
Line: 1 Error: Access is denied".

FWIW, I get the same error. I think it's something to do with the fact that
the page is trying to change the current zone behind the scenes.

  window.location = "file://c:\\Program Files\\Quick Search
Deskbar\\search.htm";

Is it not possible in NT4 to right-click the taskbar and get an Add Quick
Search... menu item under Toolbars?

- Kim