I use DQSD's help to deselect searches I know I won't use (259
unused, 132 used; no doubt they are all useful to somebody and may
someday be useful to me).  That creates the disabledsearch.txt
file.  If a new version of DSQD comes out, or disabledsearches.txt is
updated, I just run a batch file that is driven by disabledsearch.txt
to rename the unused searches, so they don't load and they don't show
up in the help file.  qsfreq looks like a good idea to use
though.  The batch file is:

::change this if you have a different location for search files.
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\Quick Search Deskbar\searches"
::Note that the "FOR /F" command is an extended command, but is part
of a standard XP install.
FOR /F %%s IN (..\disabledsearches.txt) DO move %%s.xml
%%s.xml.removed-search.txt
pause