Kim,

Well.... it seems DQSD IS starting SOME windows in Protected Mode (PM)
correctly and some blank windows in UnProtected Mode (UPM) incorrectly, or
so it seems.  Try this sequence if you are setup to do so (Vista 32 bit, IE7
in Tabbed Mode, DQSD reuseBrowserWindowMode = 0).

With Protected Mode "ON" in Internet Options> Security tab.

1)  DQSD entry "test search 1" creates PM Google Window 1 with search field
"test search 1"
2)  DQSD entry "test search 2" creates PM Google New Tab Window in Window 1
with search field "test search 2"
3)  DQSD entry "gg newegg.com" creates PM Google New Tab Window in Window 1
with search field "newegg.com"
4)  DQSD entry "av newegg.com" creates PM Alta Vista New Tab Window in
Window 1 with search field "newegg.com"
5)  DQSD entry "newegg.com" creates blank UPM Window 2 and reuses AV Tab
Window from step 4 with WWW.NEWEGG.COM
6)  DQSD entry "cnn.com" creates blank UPM Window 3 and reuses Tab Window
from step 4 with WWW.CNN.COM
7)  DQSD entry "test search 3" creates PM Google New Tab Window in Window 1
with search field "test search 3"

... and so on...

Like I said earlier, I can live with it by simply turning PM OFF on IE
Security Options.  But I won't turn PM off for end users and I am not even
going to try to explain the 'rules' governing the sequence above to them.

Jim