Craig,
I am interested to see the responses you get.  I am helping a friend with
one doing exactly the same thing, except the drivers didn't go out, he had
static (or lightning) take out some of the PIN diodes, he replaced them and
now has the same oscillation problem.  I am going to re-check his work to
make sure some or all of the diodes are installed properly or are all good
ones.  I'll let you know what I find too.
73,
Don, WB5HAK