"Don and Diana Cunningham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
Hi all,
I am finally getting serious about re-working my TR5, s/n 01336, and find that the aluminum extrusion that makes up the front has some serious dings in what looks like the "trim ring" across the top when all is assembled. I hope I didn't add any of these in my move, and three year storage, but nonetheless, they are there. I may try to "sand" them out with some very fine grit paper, but when taking it off, it looked very much like the extrusion on the TR7! Comparing the two bears that out, with one additional hole drilled and a couple of the "slots" for controls and the readout have been milled out some more. Does anyone know if this was a special extrusion, or if Drake merely milled out those extra slots on a TR7 extrusion? Maybe I can locate a "mint" TR7 one and get someone to mill it out for me!! Tks for any help anyone can provide. Mike, weigh in if you remember please. Your work may have been all design, but maybe you remember this one mechanical part, hi.
73 and thanks,
Don, WB5HAK