"Mike Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Not to mention the PS-7 looks good!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "'Jim DiMauro'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'David Drake'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <drakelist@www.zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 4:48 PM
Subject: RE: [drakelist] Power Supply for TR-7(a)

"Gerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
By their very nature, switching power supplies create both radiated and
conducted emissions. How much noise they produce is largely a function of
the topology used and the design of the enclosure and filtering. You can
find some pretty good ones to use for communications gear just as it is
possible to get a real bad one. The safest thing to do is go with an analog
power supply for all communications gear or a switching supply of known
quality and origin. Modern switching supplies can cost less, generate less
heat due to higher efficiency, and weigh considerably less than old
fashioned analog ones. I now use a PS-7 with my TR-7. Before that I used a
40 amp switcher that didn't emit any noise within the Ham bands but was
useless for SWL'ing.