My thanks to all those list members who replied to my earlier post.  As
recommended, I took off the top cover and extracted the fuse. It
proved to be okay ... but the holder may have been tarnished.  I
carefully reinserted the fuse and lo.!  it worked!!  Fantastic!!

Now, I have two follow-up questions:

1.      The little bolts/screws that are use to attach the case to
the chassis (8 in all) ... what size are they??  I am presuming some
kind of SAE thread(?).  Any information out there??

2.      My VFO has an attack of the minor 'wobblies' ... and
the counter seems to wander up frequency by 100 or 200 Hz as the rig
warms up. I am leaving it on today for a couple of hours ... to see
whether it settles down. What are list members' opinions about the
various 'improvements' ... eg. 'huff & puff' vs DDS vs refurbishment of
the original.  My goals are to minimally change this fine old rig ...
but I do want it stable enough for casual SSB operating.

73 to all and once again ... big THANKYOU.

Richard
VK1RJ

Eraina & Richard Jenkins
Canberra
'richardirena' on skype ... if at home ...