I'm in the process of restoring a TR-4Cx. Here are my unedited 7/15/2012 notes
concerning lighting differences:
"The illumination color is different for the panel frequency dials on the right
(bluish-white) and the receive signal strength & transmitter plate current
meters on the left (warm-white).  Turns out that the blue-green gel between the
pilot lamp and the meters has faded to clear in the center.  I have no idea
where to get replacement gel material. (Perhaps a theater lighting supplier?)
[Unit would probably appear a bit better if both gels were replaced with a
matching close color gel.]"

I believe this has been caused by the closer proximity of the gel to the pilot
lamp on the S-meter assembly.

Dick Conklin, WA2WGY/9