----- Original Message ----- From: "Damien Mannix" <damienman...@hotmail.com>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:08 PM
Subject: [Drakelist] TR4 V2 Can removable!

I know it must sound like a silly question but how do I, safely, remove the rectangular can so I can try replacing V2 on my TR4? No trouble with the circular cans on some other tubes but this can appears to have two clips and I cannot see how they work and do not want to do any damage. The can is as firm as a rock. I cannot move it at all. Thanks for any advice. Damien G3XER V2 is not normally in a shield. Someone may have put one on. I found I was getting a feedback unless I shielded V2. I used a push-on shield I happened to have. It makes good contact with the end of a sheet metal screw that sticks up in just the right place. It sounds as though someone has installed a can of the type used on the IF and RF coils. Those are removed by squeezing the tabs on the sides with a pliers and working them off.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles