Hello Drakelist,

I can obtain a sidetone for a short period after I turn on the transmitter. It is somewhat raspy, then is gone. I have tried several 12AX7As in V9, and only one provides a sidetone, but only briefly. I did try a little freeze spray on components around that tube, but I wasn't very specific.

The mic gain also seems somewhat low.

VOX is tending to clip the first character, even with a fairly level of VOX gain., The anti-vox is most of the way up, to raise the sidetone, while it lasts.

I have a sidetone in my keyer, and the CW from the transmitter itself sounds fine, but I'd like to restore full functionality. Any thoughts on likely culprits?

Thanks in advance for your input.

--
*73, Mark, K4SO
*www.k4so.com