Carl Busjahn wrote:
> Hey,
> I have mach64 (or technically rage pro! why'd he call it mach64??) in my
> desktop, and I will be getting a k6-2 550 tomarrow so I'll have a better
> test platform (with kernel.org messing up cyrix arr, and 3dnow so
> essential...).  I've actually had the code working on this platform
> twice, and I will try testing it out again sometime next week.

That's good news indeed. You will probably not be able to complain
about a lack of willing testers, even though actual coding help is
something I can't offer.

BTW, the Mach64 is the chipset on the Rage Pro (and Rage Pro LT and
some early Mobilities) boards. If you get it working on one
Mach64-variant, you will easily be able to make it work on the
others.

The real problem will be DMA if you would like to get it work.
However, most people would likely be content with a PIO-only driver
which can get into "official" DRI CVS. Any register manipulation
without securing it thorugh DRI will not get in if I understood
correctly. But this is not my call...

If due to your work the driver gets in, you're eligible for a crate
of beer (well, if you won't come to Linuxtag Stuttgart/Germany, I'll
just send you the money *for* the crate of beer, hope you won't
mind)

-Malte #8-)