El Sáb 22 Sep 2001 18:12, escribiste:
> Manuel Teira wrote:
> > Then, I closed my eyes and fired 'gears'. Well, it didn't lock my
> > machine, the gears window only contained garbage, but the program was
> > running, and saying:
> > 1786 frames in 5.002 seconds = 357.057 FPS
> > 1736 frames in 5 seconds = 347.2 FPS
> >
> > Well, I tried it several times, all the time with the same result. On
> > other terminal (without the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable set) I tried gears,
> > and it runs normally (without 2D or 3D acceleration) and getting around
> > 120 FPS.
>
> well that's fine I get about the same values. I achieved ca. 350 fps one
> time and cannot reproduce.

Well, I said that it's getting 347 FPS, but nothing is showing in the window,
just garbage (and garbage that didn't looks like three wheels).

> so you are a step further than me. what kind of source are you using?
> the trunk or the branch?

I'm using the XFree 4.1.0 trunk with my modifications, and the mach64_dma.c
file I sent you today.

> Perhaps if I can overcome this compiling errors
> I have hw accelerated X, too. It would be great if you could do some
> testing with programs using 3D *AND* 2D and report whether something is
> wrong (like texture or things like that) When we have a running Xserver
> perhaps anybody with special connections to ATI could contact we the
> developers there and ask about some help why the GUI master doesn't work
> despite it is done as described in the programmer's guide. This only
> makes sense if we can exclude every other source of errors.
The 2D acceleration is disabled in my Xserver (as in the Gareth's code
(mach64 branch) ). Perhaps this is what is making your computer hang.

> > If you want any log from my computer, please tell me.
>
> First I try to compile the trunk with the changes:
>
> for example, it starts at the  creation of the Makefiles:
> at /lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/mach64 the created Makefile is corupt (missing
> seperator is reported and the Makefile itself is a mess)
> it's possible that it is easy to fix but I haven't had time to

Perhaps your Imakefile is wrong. What codebase are you starting from?

--
M. Teira