Hi there,

I'm strugling with my G400 performance for months now, since the 4.1 tree.
Quake 3 is just not playable at some levels,
Return to castle wolfenstein is not playable.
Soldier of fortune is not playable anymore.

I had contact with Jeff Hartman, and he told me that this was supposed to be
a SMP issue.

But i've tried the same config (RH7.1+Xfree4.1+G400 (PIII/BX chipset)) on a
Uni-processor machine, and the same slowness as a result.

I've heard from the avifile guys that there are some serious problems with
the gcc version (2.96) supplied by RedHat in combination with MMX.

Please can someone confirm this (with simalair config)

Greetings

Bas