El Sáb 27 Oct 2001 19:49, Leif Delgass escribió:
> Well, I just got my box to hang hard (like with the vt switching) when
> running tuxracer and switching modes with Ctrl-Alt-+ (I have 3 modes
> defined in my config and the hang happened when looping back to the
> original mode, i.e. the third switch), so I think the
> answer is yes, it needs locking.  I really should use a journalling
> filesystem, all this fsck-ing is getting a bit tedious. ;)

OK. I have added the DRILock/Unlock to the AtiModeSet function in the
atimode.c file. I've added another condition (also to the locks in the
aticonsole.c file for vt changing) in this way:

#ifdef XF86DRI
    if (pATI->Chip >= ATI_CHIP_264GT &&
        pATI->directRenderingEnabled)
    {
        DRILock(pScreen,0);
    }
#endif
#ifdef XF86DRI
    if (pATI->Chip >= ATI_CHIP_264GT &&
        pATI->directRenderingEnabled)
    {
        DRIUnlock(pScreen);
    }
#endif

I think this is a better way because the code in aticonsole.c and atimode.c
is generic for all the ATI adapters, so we are restricting the checking to
the Mach64 chips greater than the GT that is the first one (if I'm not
mistaken) supporting 3D.

I'm also changing the related macros for locking the 2D accelerated functions.