On Sunday 06 October 2002 05:08 pm, you wrote:

> > >     j> There have been quite a few problems with the snapshots lately
(more
> > >     j> specificaly a XAA binary incompatability, being compiled with
gcc-3.2
> > >     j> and against glibc-2.3) but all these problems should have gone
away
> > with
> > >     j> today's snapshot. Please test it.
> > >
> > > Oh well, doesn't apply to me. I'm using radeon-20021006 and get a
> > > blank screen - the monitor loses signal - and I can't switch back to
> > > the console. C-M-del helps, though.
> > > Anyways, here is my XFree86.0.log:
> > >

> > FYI--I always build my own and haven't had any of these reported problems
on
> > my r100.  Nothing besides the occasional (infrequent) random X sig11
which
> > has been around for quite a while, although it's even more infrequent as
of
> > the last two builds I did (both within the last two weeks).  (disable gl
and
> > it never happens)
>
> Haven't seen any of those, can you try to track them down? Do you
> actually mean segmentation faults, or lockups?

Not sure if it's the same/related to my last post about r100 problems (which
you responded to) or not.

Since my last build it's only happened once, and it was an ordinary sig11.
Nothing suspicious/indicitive was in any of the logs.

I do have QT_XFT disabled since a _long_ time ago I was getting sig11s from
the aa/libfreetype code somehow.  Not sure if I dare enable that again yet or
not.

If it happens again I'll try to poke around some more.

Nick