Brian Paul wrote:

> I've whipped up an HTML table which summarizes the features of the DRI
> drivers.

Thanks Brian.  Here are some more corrections:

1) Driver headings on top row:

   It looks like the driver names were based on some common names we
throw around when talking about these drivers.  Unfortunately, these
names can be very confusing as times, so I've tried to generate
consistent names using the IHV's name followed by the directory name for
the 3D driver.  Here is what I got:

   ATI r200, ATI radeon, ATI r128, Intel i810, Intel i830, Matrox mga,
3Dfx Voodoo3, 3Dfx Voodoo5.

Note, I didn't follow my convention for the 3Dfx drivers in that a
single source directory generates two different drivers with very
different features in your matrix.  I think we'll find as time goes on
that it's not unusual for a single driver to generate very different
results in the matrix depending on the capabilities for the specific
hardware.  I know there are a few for the G200 vs G400 hardware for example.

2) Cards Row.

This is the hardest row to keep up to date.

   ATI r200 Column:  I realize the 8700 has the R200 chipset, but has
anybody successfully testing the 8700 or 8900 with the R200 open source
driver?

   ATI r128 Column:  Was support for "Pro" cards ever completed?  I know
the initial driver did not have it.

   Intel I830 Column: i845 is also supported, this can be changed to
i830/i845 chipsets.

   Matrox mga Column:  Millenium and Mystique are not supported by this
driver.  G200 is listed twice.

3) Kernel Module Row, ATI R200 Column:

   There is no r200.o kernel module.  This should be radeon.o

4) Added 2D Driver Module Row.  Row inverted here for the sake of e-mail:

   DRI Driver     2D Driver Name

   ATI r200       radeon_drv.o
   ATI radeon     radeon_drv.o
   ATI r128       r128_drv.o