Ian Romanick wrote:

Hmmm...would adding it as a hard-coded extension make life easier for IHVs
that want to provide binary-only drivers but not necessarilly their own
libGL.so?  I'm thinking ATI and PowerVR...
Oddly enough, ATI provides a libGL.so replacement in their package. I'm not sure why they do this.

The Linux user base would really benefit from driver packages that didn't interfere with each other. Replacing a critical library like libGL.so has a major impact on the other drivers loaded on the system. I'm not just picking on ATI, here...NVidia does this, too. PowerVR is a good example of a well thought out install package.

--
/\
Jens Owen / \/\ _