Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 14:04, Keith Whitwell wrote:

I think maybe I decided copying was ok as long as:
- you rig XAA (or whatever) to always draw into the current front buffer.
- you use cliprects to exclude the 3d window so that the backbuffer never gets scribbled.

Right, I keep forgetting about the issues involved with mixing X11 and
OpenGL. If we exclude the 3D window, it doesn't matter which buffer is
drawn to though, or am I missing something again?
It matters because then you'd only see the results when X and GL agree on which one is the front buffer...

I don't see what difference it makes when the copy happens -- I think the current shadow module implementation is fine for that.

For one, there can be no copy between to flips...
Oh yes, that's a good point.

Keith